I have this problem where I would much rather read the story I’m trying to write than actually write it.
i’ve been looking for this post my entire life
oh hey trix, isn’t that what you’ve been telling me for a while now XD
Blood is thicker than water but maple syrup is thicker than blood so technically pancakes are more important than family.
Interestingly, I was just reading something about the saying ‘blood is thicker than water’ and how it means the opposite of how it is normally used.
The first recorded use of the phrase (John Lydgate’s ‘Troy Book’, 1492) gives it as:
The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.
So, basically, what it really means is that the people who you choose to bond with matter more than the family you happened to be born into.
EXCELLENT THINGS TO KNOW
Normally these quote-unquote “untranslatable words” have their source language with them. This word is from Yaghan, a language isolate in the Tierra del Fuego in southern South America. Only one native speaker lives today.
Photoset reblogged from with 2,254 notes
i can’t imagine why i’m reblogging this
Have you asked of yourself, what’s the price you might pay?
for il mio cuore
The beginning of I Write Sins Not Tragedies slowed down and layered over The Ballad of Mona Lisa.
Oh my god
Oh my god
Well that took all of 2 seconds for me to hit the reblog button.
trix check it
I just felt like reposting this on Tumblr.
“That day she was amazed to discover that when he was saying ‘As you wish’, what he meant was ‘I love you’.”
there is something about wesley here
that reminds me
of a certain blonde swordsman
Photo reblogged from with 9,358 notes
The most beautiful
*legit can’t breathe*
JESUS. CHRIST. DAT. WIG.
cuore, I’m gonna do an ed cosplay okay
and i’m gonna get this wig
you’ll support this, right? 8D
I was tagged by kristensquire
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 10 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 10 new people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Questions I get to Answer:
1.) What is your favorite book and why?
- aughghghghg. To Kill A Mockingbird. I know it’s cliche and ridiculous that I’m picking one of the all time classic books, but it was really the first book to teach me the importance of detail and character development. I adore Atticus Finch beyond logic.
2.) Who was your hero when you were little?
- I don’t really remember having heroes, per ce. I liked the Blue Ranger. I idolized my mom and dad.
3.) What is your favorite activity for each season?
- Spring: Watching thunderstorms
- Summer: Bonfires
- Fall: Photography
- Winter: Making fires in fireplaces
4.) Which would you prefer: a hamster-sized rhino or a rhino-sized hamster?
- Hamster-sized rhino. Would be easier to contain.
5.) What is your comfort-movie/show?
- Criminal Minds, probably - as odd as that sounds. Or NCIS.
6.) Do you have any tattoos/do you want any, and of what?
- Noooo. Don’t want any, don’t have any.
7.) When was the last time you went to a library? Which one?
- I went to the Jamestown library at the end of October. *looks at end table* Book is so overdue…but I need to read it…
8.) What is your favorite fanfiction?
- “Pawn to Queen”. A pairing I absolutely do not ship, but done so remarkably well.
9.) If you could bring back one television series, which would it be?
- Buffy, I guess.
10.) What would make up the events of your best day ever?
- I wake up next to the man I love, and he says he loves me, and always will. Nothing traumatic happens for the rest of the day. Ca va.
People I Mark With A Tag
godlegos, rawien, waffleawful, tooraloora, pondermoofin, inventrix, aldersprig, doubleooq, gymoriarty, midorieyes
Questions to Answer
1. Pick your all-time favorite TV show character. Now recast them. Who do you cast?
2. If you had to pick only one person to repopulate the world with (sex is not necessary due to Reasons, just someone you’d be okay stuck with alone for a while), who would it be? (Fictional characters are acceptable.)
3. There is a person keeping another person on a leash/collar. Would you rather be holding the leash, or be in the collar?
4. The world is ending, and you have enough charge on your phone to make one call to one person. Who do you call, and what do you tell them?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
6. If you had to only eat one food for the rest of your life (and you’d stay healthy and alive), what would it be?
7. Pick one book/movie you wish was real. Why that one?
8. Who would you cast as yourself in a movie about yourself? (You cannot play the role.)
9. Would you rather eat a handful of cigarette butts, or a handful of wet leaves?
10. If a train leaves New York headed west going 40 miles an hour, and a train leaves Chicago on the same track headed east going 50 miles an hour, and each car has 14 cars, and the New York train makes three stops along the way for 15 minutes each over the course of 4 hours but the Chicago train only makes two 10 minutes stops over the course of one hour, and neither train carry more passengers than there are wheels on the car, what color is the conductor’s hat?
Page 1 of 2